Ok, I’m going to be honest, I used to be intimidated by eBay. My husband has been using it for years to sell furniture and items we no longer use, but I’ve shied away from the massive marketplace in fear that I couldn’t find exactly what I wanted. I’m going to venture to guess I’m not alone in those feelings. I recently jumped in and took the time to learn the ins and outs of eBay fashion and all it has to offer.
eBay has worked really hard to make sure that consumer-shy people like me can be reassured they are buying and receiving exactly what they want with the benefit of faster shipping or lower costs.
With my new found confidence on eBay fashion I found my FAVORITE pair of Valentino sandals for the summer at a MUCH lower price. Did I mention they were brand spankin new? Wrapped up in box, with tags, never been touched. It makes me question ever paying full price for anything again!
Here’s my tips for finding EXACTLY what you want:
- Download the app, it’s easy to use and you can star items you like. It communicates with the website so it all shows up flawlessly on both ends.
- Type in an item, be as specific as possible. I typed in Valentino Shoes. It auto populated “Valentino Shoes in Women’s Fashion” (Or you can click on the link I provided and it will take you right there!)
- Look at the filters along the left side of the screen. Here’s where I weed out the things I’m not looking for.
- I chose “New with box”
- Price between $400 and $700
- Seller in the United States (so that shipping doesn’t take as long.)
- I personally LOVE the “Buy it Now” option, which means there’s no bidding necessary. Just add the item to your cart and purchase it. I click “Buy it Now” along the top left corner of the screen.
- Look for the “Verified Authentic” medallion. eBay is careful to authenticate the real versions of items that can be sold as fake replicas. I look for this medallion to be sure what I’m buying is completely authentic!
- Check out the seller:
- What is their star rating?
- Read some of the buyer reviews.
- I stick to sellers who have had positive reviews and are highly rated, especially when purchasing luxury items.
- Read the fine print on the listing! Make sure you are aware of the way they will ship so you have realistic expectations of the item arrival time, also make sure there are no additional notes about the product that you should know about.
- Leave reviews! If you order and have an amazing experience, spread the love on eBay so the high quality sellers can continue delivering Valentinos to happy homes 😉
Check eBay out, let me know if you have any questions! I’m happy to help now that I feel more like an expert than the lost shopper I started out as. Dive in!
This post is sponsored by eBay. All opinions are my own. Sponsorships like this one allow We The Classy to keep providing authentic insight and quality content. Thank you so much for stopping by!
Photos by: @rissrahmphotography