There is a love-hate element that comes with 90’s fashion based on when that decade dawned on your life, either way it’s back in full swing. Personally, 90’s style is a bit rough for me, just like Jr. High and High School were. I probably wouldn’t wear all of these at once, but balancing out a few with basics = successful styling.
1. CK Jeans – Enter Lara Stone & Kate Moss’s 16 yr old half sister for CK’s very 90’s reminiscent upcoming ad campaign. Rugged, slouchy, and masculine styles are used to accentuate femininity. For the fall, balance 90’s style denim with simple fitted white tee and low ankle boots.
2. Adidas – The original Samba and Superstar are my favorite comeback (though, they never really left). Now you can give your chucks a break and put those adidas back in rotation.
The Original Adidas Samba (Khaki or Rick Red) $65
The Original Adidas Samba (Black or White) $65
3. Flannels – I’m seeing plaid button ups everywhere. Wear one with flared jeans or a structured skirt. I think this might be one of the most versatile pieces for the fall.
BDG Plaid Double Pocket Shirt (online only) $49
4. The 90’s loved Florals, and there’s so many variations, find one that suits you and flaunt it.
5. Birkenstocks – Yes, incase you didn’t already know, these lug-like sandals are back. I’m not opposed to them, but it’s been harder for me to jump on board with this one. To soften the look and make them easier to incorporate into your style try these out:
BDG Slingback Sandal (other colors available) $34
Birkenstock Curacao by Birki $89.95
6. Jewelry – The 90’s was full of mixed metals, textures, and layers. Here’s a few items that are easy to throw on and stylize your look.
Love Ear Cuff $22
Chainmaille Bib $68